Go To A-Z Index

Driving Schools Driving Schools

Calls cost £1.53 per minute plus network extras.

The information/number you require can be found free of charge from Gov.uk.

Information You Can Use, When You Need It
This website provides helpful and convenient information regarding United Kingdom driving licence, vehicles, MOT, SORN and tax disc including advice on the following:

  • Change of address of UK driving licence
  • Renewals of UK driving licence
  • Lost or stolen of UK driving licence
  • Learner and new driver information
  • Register a vehicle
  • Who to notify when you buy or sell a vehicle
  • Making changes to your registration
  • Taxing your vehicle
  • MOT Certificates
  • SORN a vehicle
  • Locations and Hours

We offer a call connection service, which means you are dialling one of our 09 phone numbers that will appear on your bill, and not the number of the government organisation. This number connects you through to the government department you wish to speak to.

If you find yourself in a queue or disconnected for any reason please call back on the number announced on your call. Alternatively, the contact number can be found on the required organisations website. We are not associated, nor affiliated with any government organisation, but act simply as a cost effective information assistance service.

If you need to apply for, renew or replace a licence, or have any other vehicle enquiry, you may also contact Drivers' Customer Services, Correspondence Team, DVLA, SA6 7JL or the Vehicle Customer Services, DVLA, SA99 1AR. You also may be able to use the vehicle and licensing services at a Post Office®.

You are in the Drivers License & ID. If you are looking for Drivers License & ID information dvlaguide.com is the right site for you. In this section you-ll find out how to apply, renew and replace your drivers license, how to update any name or address changes, how to apply motorcycle license, or what medical rules apply to drivers

This site, dvlaguide.com, also covers the specifics for learners and new drivers, vehicle registration, taxing your vehicle, MOTs, how to SORN a vehicle, what forms you need and DVLA hours and locations.

Driving Schools

Here's how you can get started Driving in the UK

  1. Get a Provisional Licence: You must hold a provisional license
  2. Follow the procedures: Visit any post office to get a D1 application form and complete it. Once completed, send this form with the fee to DVLA.

Wait for two to three weeks to receive the provisional license.

Now you are ready to learn to drive.

Going behind the wheel is a huge responsibility not just for you but also for the others on the road. It is imperative to develop your driving skills to the highest standards of safety and competency.

How to Choose a Driving Instructor?

When choosing an instructor there are several points to consider such as -

  • Are they available at times to suit you during weekends, evenings etc?
  • Does pick up and drop off time come from your hour?
  • How much do the lessons cost?

Most instructors will give an assessment and suggest how many lessons you are likely to need. You can also ask your friends and family for recommendations. Questions such as personality and teaching methods, reliability, and success rates can help you to make up your mind about selecting a driving instructor.

Driving courses take care of booking both tests on your behalf, removing the worry of booking and getting the dates of your choice. You spend long periods of time in the vehicle with your instructor, building a good trusting relationship which will benefit the more nervous learner.