Go To A-Z Index

How To Guides How to Fill Out Paperwork

Calls cost £1.53 per minute plus network extras.

The information/number you require can be found free of charge from Gov.uk.

Information You Can Use, When You Need It
This website provides helpful and convenient information regarding United Kingdom driving licence, vehicles, MOT, SORN and tax disc including advice on the following:

  • Change of address of UK driving licence
  • Renewals of UK driving licence
  • Lost or stolen of UK driving licence
  • Learner and new driver information
  • Register a vehicle
  • Who to notify when you buy or sell a vehicle
  • Making changes to your registration
  • Taxing your vehicle
  • MOT Certificates
  • SORN a vehicle
  • Locations and Hours

We offer a call connection service, which means you are dialling one of our 09 phone numbers that will appear on your bill, and not the number of the government organisation. This number connects you through to the government department you wish to speak to.

If you find yourself in a queue or disconnected for any reason please call back on the number announced on your call. Alternatively, the contact number can be found on the required organisations website. We are not associated, nor affiliated with any government organisation, but act simply as a cost effective information assistance service.

If you need to apply for, renew or replace a licence, or have any other vehicle enquiry, you may also contact Drivers' Customer Services, Correspondence Team, DVLA, SA6 7JL or the Vehicle Customer Services, DVLA, SA99 1AR. You also may be able to use the vehicle and licensing services at a Post Office®.

V5 Vehicle Registration Document

You will need to fill one of these out when you buy your vehicle. This guide will help you through the process.

At the top of page one, on the right side, there is a white box for the registration mark. Check to see if the registration mark at the top of the page correct?

Page One

  1. Is the registered keeper name and address the same as that of the seller? If not, why not?
  2. How many owners does the log book say the car has had? Is it the same number ‘as described’ in the advert?
  3. Are there any special notes about the car? This should be rare.

Page Two

  1. Do the car details match those listed in section four? In particular, is the VIN number the same? The VIN plate can be found on most cars in the engine bay, by the driver's door or by the windscreen.
  2. This section should match the details overleaf on page one.
  3. This is where to enter your details if buying the car.
  4. Any changes to the car should be listed. Are you happy with the information?

Page Three

  1. The declaration at the bottom of the page needs signing to complete the transfer.

Page Four

  1. Section 9 is only to be used when the car is being dismantled.
  2. You should keep this section in case the documents get lost at the DVLA when you send them off.
  3. Section 11 is to be used only if you are exporting the car.