Go To A-Z Index

Insurance Centre Car Insurance

Calls cost £1.53 per minute plus network extras.

The information/number you require can be found free of charge from Gov.uk.

Information You Can Use, When You Need It
This website provides helpful and convenient information regarding United Kingdom driving licence, vehicles, MOT, SORN and tax disc including advice on the following:

  • Change of address of UK driving licence
  • Renewals of UK driving licence
  • Lost or stolen of UK driving licence
  • Learner and new driver information
  • Register a vehicle
  • Who to notify when you buy or sell a vehicle
  • Making changes to your registration
  • Taxing your vehicle
  • MOT Certificates
  • SORN a vehicle
  • Locations and Hours

We offer a call connection service, which means you are dialling one of our 09 phone numbers that will appear on your bill, and not the number of the government organisation. This number connects you through to the government department you wish to speak to.

If you find yourself in a queue or disconnected for any reason please call back on the number announced on your call. Alternatively, the contact number can be found on the required organisations website. We are not associated, nor affiliated with any government organisation, but act simply as a cost effective information assistance service.

If you need to apply for, renew or replace a licence, or have any other vehicle enquiry, you may also contact Drivers' Customer Services, Correspondence Team, DVLA, SA6 7JL or the Vehicle Customer Services, DVLA, SA99 1AR. You also may be able to use the vehicle and licensing services at a Post Office®.

Insurance Quote Header

Finding a great insurance quote should be easy. We’ve selected a few top insurance offers from names you know and trust. Just click, fill out a quote form and instantly get free quotes from top car insurance providers. Select the lowest rates and save. It’s that simple.

What is vehicle insurance anyway?

Motor insurance protects you, your vehicle and other motorists against liability in the event of any accident and it provides financial compensation to cover any injuries caused to people or their property.

In the UK, you must have motor insurance before you can drive your vehicle in a public place.

The legal minimum insurance requirement is called Third Party Only. This level of cover ensures that injury compensation is available to other people (including your passengers) or damage to other peoples’ property resulting from an accident caused by you. It doesn’t cover any costs incurred by you as the result of an accident. So, if it your fault, you have to pay from your own pocket, the costs involved in repairing your vehicle.

Third Party Only is the basic minimum requirement, most people choose additional coverage like Comprehensive and Fire and Theft to protect themselves and their family.