Go To A-Z Index

Insurance Centre Caravan Insurance

Calls cost £1.53 per minute plus network extras.

The information/number you require can be found free of charge from Gov.uk.

Information You Can Use, When You Need It
This website provides helpful and convenient information regarding United Kingdom driving licence, vehicles, MOT, SORN and tax disc including advice on the following:

  • Change of address of UK driving licence
  • Renewals of UK driving licence
  • Lost or stolen of UK driving licence
  • Learner and new driver information
  • Register a vehicle
  • Who to notify when you buy or sell a vehicle
  • Making changes to your registration
  • Taxing your vehicle
  • MOT Certificates
  • SORN a vehicle
  • Locations and Hours

We offer a call connection service, which means you are dialling one of our 09 phone numbers that will appear on your bill, and not the number of the government organisation. This number connects you through to the government department you wish to speak to.

If you find yourself in a queue or disconnected for any reason please call back on the number announced on your call. Alternatively, the contact number can be found on the required organisations website. We are not associated, nor affiliated with any government organisation, but act simply as a cost effective information assistance service.

If you need to apply for, renew or replace a licence, or have any other vehicle enquiry, you may also contact Drivers' Customer Services, Correspondence Team, DVLA, SA6 7JL or the Vehicle Customer Services, DVLA, SA99 1AR. You also may be able to use the vehicle and licensing services at a Post Office®.

Insurance Quote Header

Finding great caravan insurance cover should be quick and easy. Insuring your motorhome or caravan can be frustrating, time consuming and ultimately costly if you don’t get the right cover. At Swinton, all the advisors are specialists in providing the cover you need.. Just click, fill out a quote form, and instantly get a free classic car quote. Select the lowest rates and save. It's that simple.

Caravan Insurance Tips

Insuring your touring caravan under a specific policy is not a legal requirement in the UK, as most car insurance policies will cover you to tow a trailer on your policy on a third party basis.

However, this cover will not extend to repairing any damage caused to your caravan in an accident. Nor will it replace your caravan should it be stolen or damaged by fire. If you’ve invested your savings in the caravan of your dreams, it's a good idea to take out specialist cover should the worst happen.

A specialist touring caravan insurance policy provides peace of mind for caravan owners. You should expect benefits such as “all risks” cover all year round for touring and storage, public liability cover, European cover and emergency accommodation expenses. Each insurer has different limits for their benefits and will be subject to underwriting criteria.

A lot of policies will also give the option to insure your caravan on a ‘new for old’ basis where by you will receive a brand new replacement for your caravan should it be stolen or damaged beyond economic repair. You may have to pay extra for this cover, or your insurance provider may provide this as standard.

There are many insurance companies offering caravan insurance, but their policy benefits vary. It is therefore, important to contact several companies and check with each individual insurer what is included in the cover before taking out a policy.