Go To A-Z Index

Insurance Centre Lorry Insurance

Calls cost £1.53 per minute plus network extras.

The information/number you require can be found free of charge from Gov.uk.

Information You Can Use, When You Need It
This website provides helpful and convenient information regarding United Kingdom driving licence, vehicles, MOT, SORN and tax disc including advice on the following:

  • Change of address of UK driving licence
  • Renewals of UK driving licence
  • Lost or stolen of UK driving licence
  • Learner and new driver information
  • Register a vehicle
  • Who to notify when you buy or sell a vehicle
  • Making changes to your registration
  • Taxing your vehicle
  • MOT Certificates
  • SORN a vehicle
  • Locations and Hours

We offer a call connection service, which means you are dialling one of our 09 phone numbers that will appear on your bill, and not the number of the government organisation. This number connects you through to the government department you wish to speak to.

If you find yourself in a queue or disconnected for any reason please call back on the number announced on your call. Alternatively, the contact number can be found on the required organisations website. We are not associated, nor affiliated with any government organisation, but act simply as a cost effective information assistance service.

If you need to apply for, renew or replace a licence, or have any other vehicle enquiry, you may also contact Drivers' Customer Services, Correspondence Team, DVLA, SA6 7JL or the Vehicle Customer Services, DVLA, SA99 1AR. You also may be able to use the vehicle and licensing services at a Post Office®.

Insurance Quote Header

Finding great lorry insurance cover should be quick and easy.  AutoNet Lorry Insurance offer unbeatable lorry insurance prices guaranteed or your money back. If you find cheaper insurance with the same level of cover, they'll give you a refund. Just click, fill out a quote form or ring them, and instantly get a free lorry cover quote from AutoNet. Select the lowest rates and save. It's that simple.

Lorry Insurance

Whether you own a skip wagon, cement mixer, tipper truck, classic lorry or any type of lorry youll need solid insurance cover for the vehicle, the goods and the driver.

Vehicles that weighs more that 4 tons are termed HGV, which stands for Heavy Goods Vehicles. Another term used for HGV is LGV. These vehicles are used to transport livestock, bulky goods and pallets to different parts of the world (or in the same country). As these vehicles are expensive and also carry large loads that are expensive, it is important for them to have insurance coverage; this insurance is classified as HGV insurance. It is a requirement of law that you should have insurance for the vehicle that you are driving on the road.

The type of lorry insurance that you purchase depends upon the nature of your business whether you are hauling goods for yourself or for some other customer. It also depends on your business needs and requirements and the budget that you possess. The cover that you get also depends upon the kinds of locations you visit and the driver you have and the experience he has.

Lorry Insurance Tips

The cost of extra coverage for lorry insurance can be a big hassle and an expensive one at that, especially whenever you are simply trying to make ends meet. Nevertheless, by having this type of insurance, you are making your customers feel more secure and thus make you look more legitimate, especially whenever you are just starting out. Of course, it is not just about the goods but it is also about making sure that your customer’s goods are insured while on the road. In doing this you are ensuring that you will not be drawn into a long legal battle.

The following is a list of the various types of UK truck insurance and what each one offers. Some of them are compulsory while others are optional, so you must decide what you can and cannot do without.

These include:

1. Vehicle insurance. Insurance is a major expense for lorries who are just getting started. For this reason you should know that it pays to shop around before making your purchase.

2. Goods in transit insurance. While this is an added expense, it is still a good idea to have this coverage as it will protect your cargo against both theft and damage. It is important to ensure that you have enough coverage here, which is something that your insurance company should be able to help you with.

3. Public liability. This type of insurance is not all that necessary but it is still worth considering. With this type of coverage you will have extra legal grounding in the case of an accident.

4. Continental lorry insurance. Depending upon how you do business, this type of insurance will either be essential or pointless. If you spend any time delivering loads abroad, then you will need this type of insurance. Otherwise, go ahead and save yourself some money by simply sticking with a UK truck insurance policy.

As you can clearly see, it really is quite important to take some time to consider all of your options. You will find that in the long-term it does not pay to cut corners in order to have short-term savings. HGV insurance really is important whenever something goes wrong.