Go To A-Z Index

Solicitors Parking Tickets

Calls cost £1.53 per minute plus network extras.

The information/number you require can be found free of charge from Gov.uk.

Information You Can Use, When You Need It
This website provides helpful and convenient information regarding United Kingdom driving licence, vehicles, MOT, SORN and tax disc including advice on the following:

  • Change of address of UK driving licence
  • Renewals of UK driving licence
  • Lost or stolen of UK driving licence
  • Learner and new driver information
  • Register a vehicle
  • Who to notify when you buy or sell a vehicle
  • Making changes to your registration
  • Taxing your vehicle
  • MOT Certificates
  • SORN a vehicle
  • Locations and Hours

We offer a call connection service, which means you are dialling one of our 09 phone numbers that will appear on your bill, and not the number of the government organisation. This number connects you through to the government department you wish to speak to.

If you find yourself in a queue or disconnected for any reason please call back on the number announced on your call. Alternatively, the contact number can be found on the required organisations website. We are not associated, nor affiliated with any government organisation, but act simply as a cost effective information assistance service.

If you need to apply for, renew or replace a licence, or have any other vehicle enquiry, you may also contact Drivers' Customer Services, Correspondence Team, DVLA, SA6 7JL or the Vehicle Customer Services, DVLA, SA99 1AR. You also may be able to use the vehicle and licensing services at a Post Office®.

Accidents can happen and people are often injured as a result. Ideally, the person or organization who is at fault would agree to provide compensation to cover medical expenses, loss of wages and other impacts of the accident. However, the court system is filled with cases in which those who are at fault refuse to take responsibility. In such cases, hiring a personal injury solicitor is the most effective way to ensure compensation is awarded and received.

3.5m Parking Tickets Issued In UK

You may be able to pay your parking ticket online. To find out if your local council offers this facility visit their website using the links below or contact them directly.

At the last count, 3.5m parking tickets were issued annually in the UK. Only a fraction of these are contested but there is strong evidence many more drivers could beat their fine. Of 3.4m Penalty Charge Notices (PCNs) issued in 2005 only 9,500 were appealed by drivers. This is despite the fact that 5,341, or 57%, of these appeals were upheld and the fines were withdrawn. Some 2,749 appeals were not even contested by local councils. Sometimes councils will not contest appeals purely on the grounds that they want to clear a backlog.

There are separate figures for London where a total of 9,506 fines issued by Westminster were taken to an independent adjudicator in six months. The council lost more than 8,900 of them 94%.

It also lost 96% of appeals against fines for ‘moving traffic offences’ such as blocking yellow box junctions or flouting no-right-turn signs.

Numerous other councils lost most parking fine cases taken to the independent Parking and Traffic Appeals Service.

Paying a Parking Ticket

You can pay your parking ticket:

  • by credit/debit card
  • in person - you should take your payment and car park fine ticket to any of your council’s Customer Services Offices
  • by cheque
  • by postal order

You may be able to pay your parking ticket online. To find out if your local council offers this facility visit their website using the links below or contact them directly.

Appealing Against a Parking Ticket

If you wish to dispute your ticket and still have it you should contact your local council. If you wish to dispute your ticket on the basis of circumstances you feel are beyond your control or because you are a Disabled Badge Holder, you should also contact your local council.

While considering your appeal the council will freeze the deadline date to pay until they respond. If your dispute is unsuccessful the council will expect payment within a specified number of days from the date of their response.