Go To A-Z Index

Solicitors Speed Camera Fines

Calls cost £1.53 per minute plus network extras.

The information/number you require can be found free of charge from Gov.uk.

Information You Can Use, When You Need It
This website provides helpful and convenient information regarding United Kingdom driving licence, vehicles, MOT, SORN and tax disc including advice on the following:

  • Change of address of UK driving licence
  • Renewals of UK driving licence
  • Lost or stolen of UK driving licence
  • Learner and new driver information
  • Register a vehicle
  • Who to notify when you buy or sell a vehicle
  • Making changes to your registration
  • Taxing your vehicle
  • MOT Certificates
  • SORN a vehicle
  • Locations and Hours

We offer a call connection service, which means you are dialling one of our 09 phone numbers that will appear on your bill, and not the number of the government organisation. This number connects you through to the government department you wish to speak to.

If you find yourself in a queue or disconnected for any reason please call back on the number announced on your call. Alternatively, the contact number can be found on the required organisations website. We are not associated, nor affiliated with any government organisation, but act simply as a cost effective information assistance service.

If you need to apply for, renew or replace a licence, or have any other vehicle enquiry, you may also contact Drivers' Customer Services, Correspondence Team, DVLA, SA6 7JL or the Vehicle Customer Services, DVLA, SA99 1AR. You also may be able to use the vehicle and licensing services at a Post Office®.

Accidents can happen and people are often injured as a result. Ideally, the person or organization who is at fault would agree to provide compensation to cover medical expenses, loss of wages and other impacts of the accident. However, the court system is filled with cases in which those who are at fault refuse to take responsibility. In such cases, hiring a personal injury solicitor is the most effective way to ensure compensation is awarded and received.

Speed Cameras

With more than 3 million motorists being caught by speed cameras, it is little wonder that Britains motorists are becoming more and more desperate to find ways to avoid the inevitable three points and 60 fine.

Unfortunately, speed cameras are not always about being safe. You may be driving perfectly safe along an empty motorway at eighty miles an hour; this does not mean that you will escape the hidden camera.

As a result, many motorists are opting to fight speed camera fines.

Speeding Fines and Penalty Points

If a vehicle is caught speeding or jumping a red light by a safety camera, the registered keeper will be sent a form called ‘Notice of Intended Prosecution’ within 14 days. Part of this form asks the registered keeper to identify the driver at the time of the offence.
If you are the driver, you may be eligible for a conditional offer of a fixed penalty. This means you will not have to attend a court hearing if you pay the fixed penalty.
The minimum fine for speeding or running a red light is 60 and three penalty points added to your licence.

You may need to go to court if ...

... the offence is a serious one or if you already have a certain number of points on your licence. In this case you will not be offered a fixed penalty and will have to go to court.

You can choose to go to court if ...

... you wish to challenge the penalty or there are mitigating circumstances you think should be taken into consideration. If you tell the police you wish to go to court they will normally issue you with a summons. You can give reasons for disputing the speeding fine on the summons, plus any evidence you want the court to take into account.